Pursuant to Article 10 of the Act on Local and Regional Self-Government (Official Gazette 33/01, 60/01, 129/05, 109/07, 125/08 and 36/09) and Articles 4 and 32 of the Statute of the Town of Đakovo (Official Gazette of the Town of Đakovo 6/09), the Town Council of the Town of Đakovo at its 3rd session on 21 September 2009 adopted the following
on the way and protection of use of the coat of arms of the Town of Đakovo
This Decision establishes the ways and protection of use of the coat of arms of the Town of Đakovo.
The features of the Town’s coat of arms are established by the Statute of the Town of Đakovo (Official Gazette of the Town of Đakovo 6/09).
The Town’s coat of arms shall be used according to the provisions of this Decision, in such ways which emphasize the Town’s tradition and dignity.
The coat of arms cannot be altered in any way.
The public display of a deteriorated, untidy, tattered or in any other way damaged coat of arms is prohibited.
The original coat of arms is kept at the Department of Public Services and all coats of arms in use are designed according to the original.
The display of the Town’s coat of arms is obligatory as follows:
- On the building which houses the seat of the Town Administration,
- At international meetings, competitions and other events organized by the Town,
- On business cards, invitations and greeting cards given or used by the Town Council and Mayor,
- On diplomas, charters and certificates awarded by the Town Council or Mayor.
The Mayor may allow a natural or legal person to use of the coat of arms by issuing a decision if s/he determines the Town will benefit from such a decision in the following cases:
- Such use will contribute to the recognisability of the Town’s economy,
- Such use will contribute to the promotion of the Town,
- The applicant has a tradition in his/her field of business,
- The products and services offered by the applicant do not harm the environment,
- The products and services offered by the applicant do not tarnish the reputation of the Republic of Croatia, Town of Đakovo and their respective bodies.
An exception to the provisions of paragraph 1 of this Article is the prohibition of the use of the coat of arms as a symbol of a political party.
A natural or legal person submits his/her application for the use of the Town’s coat of arms to the Department of Public Services along with the following appendices:
- Proof of acquisition of legal personality,
- Photocopy of identity card (natural person),
- A description of the intended ways of use of the coat of arms (i.e. implementation in the product, production of a souvenir, use in official documents, etc.),
- Graphic depiction of the intended use of the coat of arms.
The Mayor gives the Decision on the authorization to use the Town’s coat of arms 60 days from the date of the natural or legal person’s application at the latest.
The Department of Public Services shall supervise the implementation of this Decision.
Any legal person who uses the coat of arms contrary to the provisions of this Decision shall be fined HRK 2,000.00.
Any natural person committing the misdemeanour in paragraph 1 of this Article shall be fined HRK 500.00.
On the date of the entry into force of this Decision, the Decision on the way and protection of use of the Town’s coat of arms shall cease to have effect (Official Gazette of the Town of Đakovo 1a, 2/94 and 6/02).
This Decision shall enter into force on the eighth day after the day of its adoption and shall be published in the Official Gazette of the Town of Đakovo.
REG. NO: 2121/01-04-01-09-1
Đakovo, 21 September 2009
PRESIDENT OF THE TOWN COUNCIL
Franjo Havel, dipl. ing., m.p.