|Address:||Strossmayerov trg 3, 31400, ĐAKOVO, OSJEČKO - BARANJSKA ŽUPANIJA, Croatia|
Đakovo’s Chapter or Canon Manors are a beautiful example of late Baroque architectural style. Most of them were built in the 18th century, at the time when Matej Franjo Krtica served as bishop. The incentive for their construction was the Charter of Maria Theresa issued on the occasion of the unification of the Bosnia and Syrmia Dioceses. Manors are intended for residency of a college of clerics who perform special functions, mostly liturgical in recent years, within an episcopal see: these clerics are also referred to as “canons” and they belong to the ecclesiastical institution of Cathedral Chapter. The first mention of Chapter in Đakovo dates back to 1293. Since 2008, Đakovo’s Chapter has borne the name of Cathedral Chapter of Đakovo-Osijek.