|Address:||Strossmayerov trg 5, 31400, ĐAKOVO, OSJEČKO - BARANJSKA ŽUPANIJA, Croatia|
Theological Seminary in Đakovo was established in 1806 by Bishop Antun Mandić. As an educational and academic community and institution for educating future clergy, for over a century, the Seminary had been located on the premises of the former Franciscan Convent incorporating a big Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary’s Immaculate Conception, built at the beginning of 18th century. In 1913, the Seminary moved to a new building which was constructed at the same location during the period in which Ivan Krapec served as bishop. It was designed by the architect Dionis Sunko from Zagreb in a style mildly reminiscent of Art Nouveau.The building is adorned by a chapel with a choir and wooden roof. Nowadays we can view the Theological Seminary twofold – as an institution that educated candidate priests and as a home to the people who live there: theologians and patriarchs.