|Address:||Strossmayerov trg 6, 31400, ĐAKOVO, OSJEČKO - BARANJSKA ŽUPANIJA, Croatia|
Archbishop’s House in Đakovo, also known as Archbishop’s / Bishop’s Palace, is the seat of Archdiocese of Đakovo-Osijek. The Archbishop's House is a castle built in the 18th century in late Baroque style. A portion of western defensive wall is all what now remains of the original 14th century Gothic structure, whereas Saint Joseph’s Chapel incorporates the only part of the old former cathedral that has survived unscathed. Archbishop’s House owes the architectural appearance it has today to the following bishops who contributed immensely to its upkeep: Josip Antun Čolnić, Petar Bakić and Matej Franjo Krtica in the 18th century and bishop Emerik Raffay in the 19th century. Bishops of the Diocese of Bosnia or Đakovo and bishops of the Diocese of Srijem resided in it from 1239 and 1773, respectively. Since 2008, archbishops-metropolitans of Đakovo-Osijek have been residing there. The Archbishop’s House is also the location of main Bishopric institutions and offices. and It is a one-storey building consisting of two wings located south of the St. Peter’s Cathedral and forms with it the west side of the main square in Đakovo. The interior is adorned by reception rooms decorated with portraits of bishops and other valuable artwork.