The Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is located within the Monastery of the Sisters of Mercy of the Holy Cross. It was built in 1908 and consecrated on 14 September of the same year. The property for the construction of the Church was donated to the Sisterhood by Bishop Josip Juraj Strossmayer, who invited them to come to Đakovo from Switzerland. The Church is adorned with wooden altars decorated by gold plated angels, flowers and tendrils. The Church is proud of its bells which announce the festivities of the Monastery and the Church. Another notable feature of the Church is the organ installed in 1942 which has 3 manuals, 28 registries and many pedals.