The construction of the Church began and was completed in 1900. The Church was built in Gothic style. It was designed by the famous Sarajevo-born architect Josip pl. Vrancaš. The Church was named after the altar painting which depicted the scene of Christ’s Resurrection. Today it is replaced by a painting of Holy Mary, bearing the theme of the Resurrection as well.